New Release – The Unconventional Dwarf
The Unconventional Dwarf
The Unconventional Dwarf is the first book in the series, and it takes a hard look at one of the most pigeonholed races in Fantasy. In addition to exploring the roots of the “conventional” dwarf, this book will present you with a range of original Dwarven races and cultures that are radically different and yet all retain something basically Dwarven.
Inside you will discover:
- The Nanogyn, a network of matriarchal tribes that broke away from male-dominated Dwarven culture and are now feared for their prowess.
- Thalassic Dwarves, island-dwellers who have mastered the art of cave diving and possess the secret of breathing water.
- The Mono, a deeply divided Dwarven culture built upon physical perfection, philosophical rationalism, and belief in their own superiority
- The Anma Namdi’me, spacefaring and shape-changingDwarves, and their dark mirror, the Ib’zur Makim
- The Pumili: a great empire that has conquered most of humankind with combination of trade, negotiation, and Romanesque military might
- Hive Dwarves: did you know that Dwarves use spades, not axes? do you know why they sometimes forget to wear pants? you will…
- The Gamda: a diasporic people with a rich mystical tradition that takes the influence mediaeval Hasidic and Kabbalistic Judaism had on Tolkien and makes it explicit
- The Novus: short-lived Dwarves with a culture of ever-shifting fashions driven by an obsession with adventure and glory